The United Methodist Discipline recognizes that children learn Christian values of love, understanding and forgiveness by the example of a loving and caring staff. Westlake United Methodist Preschool helps the child grow spiritually by:
- conducting all activities in a loving manner;
- encouraging the child to show tolerance of others;
- attending weekly chapel services led by a minister or lay religious leader;
- learning songs, stories, finger plays about God's love and other Christian themes;
- celebrating Christmas and Easter and learning about various holiday traditions in other cultures and traditions;
- providing opportunity to learn and practice prayer before meals.