Through school, a new and different world is introduced into the child's life. Westlake United Methodist Preschool will help the child to adjust socially by:
- encouraging the enjoyment of work and play with others as part of a larger group;
- encouraging him/her to see himself/herself as an individual in relationship to others;
- encouraging growth in independence, self-confidence, and self-control.
- encouraging certain behavior responses while discouraging others;
- encouraging interaction and friendships; and learning to give, share, and receive.